Industrial Services CDL Technician:HydroBlasting & Vacuum Technician
Hill Services Industrial & Environmental Services is the#1 trusted, mid-south leader in industrial clean-up and waste management. We provide complete solutions to fit a variety of needs. Our professional, certified team is ready to serve. We respond quickly to provide the proper manpower and equipment to meet a variety of needs and manage those situations efficiently. Hill Services’ commitment to the industrial and environmental services industry provides our customers with the peace of mind knowing that a critical area of their responsibility is being managed safely and in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
Headquartered in Memphis, TN, we service the following industry types with vacuum, flushing and blasting services: steel manufacturing, transportation, plastics, food and beverage, utilities, pharmaceuticals, pulp & paper, paints & coatings, wire & cable, oil refining, chemicals, seed production. We offer competitive salaries/wages and progressive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, vacation accrual, and more.
We offer a drug free work environment and require pre-employment and other scheduled/unscheduled drug screens. All applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Industrial Services Technician is responsible for the tasks associated with hazardous waste clean-up, site-remediation, equipment decontamination and handling of hazardous materials. Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your leadership training and skills as you return to civilian life. These positions offer great opportunity to work as part of a team and grow and advance from entry-level to supervisory/management at Hill Services.
- Ensures health and safety is number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to chemical and water spills, biological contamination, tank cleaning, equipment decontamination.
- Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic, or corrosive.
- Works in potentially elevated noise levels, confined spaces, including lifting in areas of low clearance.
- Working at elevations including working from ladders and scaffolding.
- Quick and immediate response when on call, secure coverage for shift and communicates replacements name with dispatcher.
- Ensures proper use (and storage when not in use) of equipment and immediately notifies supervisors or any mechanical failures or problems with equipment.
- Adheres to and ensures constant compliance with OSHA and Company Health & Safety regulations.
- The ability to wear and properly use a variety of levels of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Fire Resistant uniform, respirators, skin, face, hand and foot protection in a multiple number of combinations.
- Climbs ladders, scaffolding and into and out of trucks, tanks, and various other containers.
- Works extended (>8hrs) time periods. Note that in emergency response situations these periods can extend beyond 8 hours, up to 12-24 hours. Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on call 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time-to-time by management and will be required by the needs of Hill Services
- Communicates well with supervisors, management, crew, and customers
- Travels out of town for extended periods of time
- Maintains professional appearance in uniform and demeanor
- Successful Completion of 1 week of pre-employment training (OSHA, Confined Space, Lock Out/Tag Out, etc)
- 1+ year in construction or heavy machinery field a plus
- Able to make real-time decisions in the field; shows good judgement
- Able to work with little to no direct supervision and aptitude to complete assigned work
- High School diploma or GED
- Mechanical Ability—Understands the manpower and equipment required to complete assignments
- Maintain License, Clean Driving Record, Medical Card, Badging/Certificate
- Able to read and write legibly and fluently in English
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Position involves strenuous physical exertion
- Able to enter confined spaces–not claustrophobic
- Able to climb ladders and stairs and work from elevated positions
- Available for 24/day on call basis
- Ability to travel 100% of the time
- Ability to bend, twist, lift up to 50-75lbb, climb, and hoist
- Requires pulling/pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, crawling, stooping, crouching, and maneuvering in confined spaces.
- Requires walking, climbing, speaking, listening, color determination and clarity of vision at 2 feet or more (corrected/uncorrected); requires sitting
- Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (sometimes climbing a ladder).
- 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected.
- Ability to use tools and assist in operations of equipment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift 50-75lbs sometimes while climbing
- High level of concentration.
- Resilient Energy/Endurance to maintain physical and mental strength for a long period of t time.
- WORKS EXTENDED ( >8HRS) TIME PERIODS. NOTE THAT IN EMERGENCY RESPONSE SITUATIONS THESE PERIODS CAN EXTEND BEYOND 8 HOURS, UPT O 12-24 HOURS. BECAUSE OF THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND OPERATIONAL NATURE OF THE POSITION, A CONTINUING CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT IS THAT THE APPLICANT/CANDIDATE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES TO BE ON-CALL 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK, 365 DAYS A YEAR.
- Wear Common Protective Safety Equipment such as Steel-Toe Boots, gloves, glasses/goggles, hearing protection, hard hats, etc.
- Spend considerable amount of time on one’s feet, standing and making repetitive motions
- Utilize vacuum hoses to vacuum sludge, water, food products, non-hazardous or hazardous waste.
- Work in confined, hot, wet, cold and foul smelling environments through an 8-12 hour shift while holding the various sizes of vacuum hoses. Will have to hold on tightly to the hose handle to prevent loss of control due to hose jumping.
- Exposed to Hazardous Materials and excessive noise levels
- Carry equipment and climb ladders and stairs
- Confined Space and manhole entry (24” diameter)
- Continuous lifting of 5-75lbs in various work environments
- Ascend and descend various types of ladders up to 150ft
- Frequently stand, sit, walk, kneel, squat, reach, pull, push
- Wear full-face respirator
- Notice Dangers and evacuate during emergencies
How to Apply:
Download and complete the application. Upon completion, please return to the Hill Services office located at 4940 Covington Way, Memphis, TN 38128.